Sunday, October 14, 2007

Bizarre Bookplate Contest Is Up and Running

Five additional bookplates have now been submitted. The winner will receive a Jessie M. King bookplate. If you want to participate in the contest please send a scan to Bookplatemaven@hotmail.com before Saturday December 1st.The Dennis Barden bookplate is by Austin Spare (1888-1956) .It was submitted by a collector in England.
Click on Images to Enlarge

The Carl Bruschweiler plate is by Gregor Rabinowich (1884-1958).It was submitted by Mr. Michael Kunze.
Cindy Woods ,a very talented artist who designs bookplates for herself and friends submitted one of her own designs. I am over-bookplated for now but if I wanted another bookplate I would contact her. She can be reached at cinwoods@comcast.net




John Titford submitted the armorial plate. "It is printed in reverse, and is clearly the Tudor royal coat of arms (Tudor design on shield,Tudor lion/dragon supporters)with a reference to Elizabeth-presumably Elizabeth I ,Queen of England"

Mr. Ben Ulman submitted a bookplate designed by his grandfather.



Odds And Ends

If you are in the New York City area on October 19th or 20th be sure to visit the West Side Antiquarian Book and Ephemera Fair at 110 West 19th Street http://www.bookfairs.com/
Here is a link to a bookseller blog which I enjoyed reading. http://ashlandbookcompany.blogspot.com/
I have selected a printer for my dragonfly bookplate http://www.ascensiuspress.com/
Does anyone have a clue as to why the truncated Internet Explorer box started to appear on the top of my blog? It does not appear when using a firefox browser. Thank you Bill Gates
See you next week.




2 comments:

Erin said...

What a great idea for a contest! I look forward to seeing the winner.

Flávia =) said...

Hello, I saw many bookplates submitted by other people in this blog and I would like to submit the book that I drew. I am enchanted with this blog, you make a good work here. ;)