Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Watch Papers, Korean & Chinese Charms

Here is a link to my Ebay bookplate auction
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewListedItems&since=7&userid=bookplatemaven&include=0&rows=50&sort=3&completed=1CLICK ON THE IMAGES TO ENLARGE
My wife Mary has begun to collect Chinese , Japanese and Korean Charms. If you have any for sale please contact me at Bookplatemaven@hotmail.com

Watch Paper engraved by Paul Revere for Willard Watch And Clock Maker
CLICK on Images To Enlarge



CLICK ON THE IMAGES TO ENLARGE AND SEE THE DETAILS Several years ago I spotted what I thought was a bookplate while shopping at Papermania.It turned out to be a watch paper , so let me explain what they are. Watch papers fit into pocket watches and were engraved by many of the same people who engraved bookplates.They prevent dust and lint from getting into the watch movement.They often have patriotic images and advertise the local firm that sold and serviced the watch. The only watch paper reference book I know of is American Watch Papers by Dorothea E. Spear

Phyllis Bobb of Reclaimed Home stopped by my space at the Brooklyn Flea last Sunday and took some photos. You can see them by clicking on the link below. I will be there again on Sunday April 27th. Stop by if you are in the neighborhood and say hello.

No comments: