My name is Harri Ylikomi. I am an
antiques dealer living in Jämjö outside the city of Karlskrona in the south
of Sweden.
I was born in Sasi close to the
city of Tampere in Finland. I started to learn
about antiques at a very early age since my parents Eila and Lauri have been in the antiques business since the
1960s. In fact, my father has been a bookplate collector for many years. I had my first antiques
shop in Tampere, Finland, from 1995 to 2013. My wife Maria and I got
married in 2014. Now we live in Sweden where I sell antiques and bookplates mostly through eBay (my seller name is tampereen2005)
Here is a link to my Ebay store:
Here is a link to my Ebay store:
Recently I acquired the Olga Nilsons and
Alf Westergren Bookplate collections of over 2,000 fine and old
Ex Libris from the 18th century to the 1950s
Alf Westergren Bookplate collections of over 2,000 fine and old
Ex Libris from the 18th century to the 1950s
They included, for example, the bookplates of Alfred Nobel and the polar explorer Thorild Wulff both of which have been sold .
![]() |
| Thorild Wulff polar explorer, who died in Greenland 1917 |
There are far too many bookplates to scan individually so many of the bookplates have been listed on Ebay in groups of twenty, forty etc.
I can sort them by themes like different kind of animals
(birds, cats, horses ...), professions (doctors, teachers, pharmacists, writers,
priests, captains, architects …), musical, ships, flowers, heraldry Vikings,
rune stones etcetera.
Send me an email with themes or artists that interest you and I will send scans for your consideration.
Send me an email with themes or artists that interest you and I will send scans for your consideration.
These are just the tip of the iceberg
Send your inquiries to
Harri.Ylikomi@gmail.com
Carl Oscar Borg ( a Swedish
born, American painter who was known for themes of the Southwestern United
States)
Frithiof Hjelmqwist (Art
Nouveau)
Notes From Lew
Because the service was outstanding I asked him to create this profile.
This is one of the theatrical plates I ordered for my own collection. I liked it so much that I sent the image to my son who in turn inquired if I was not feeling well. I then showed it to my wife who thought it was grotesque.
So there you have it there is no accounting for taste.
Here is a link to the Swedish Bookplate Association website

No comments:
Post a Comment