Sunday, September 23, 2007

Images That Give Me Pleasure

Franklin Porter was related to Anna Porter whose bookplate is shown below. Both bookplates were found at The Title Page in Rosemont, Pennsylvania.
The Anna Porter plate is signed M.W.B. You can click on the image to enlarge it.My educated guess is that the artist is Mary Waterman Bonsall but I do not know that to be a fact. Something about the plate captivates me.
The hand colored mermaid bookplate above was signed by Bro. Chances are we will never find out who he or she was but I consider it bookplate folk art.

Until this morning I never took the time to find out who did the plate shown below.The artist Stephen W. Meader was the author of many children's books and I discovered an informative site about him www.southernskies.com/bio.asp


Seven Roads Gallery of Book Trade Labels
I have been very selective in choosing links and last night I revisited the Seven Roads Book Label Site. It is truly a labor of love and a visual delight. Click on the link above to see for yourself.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I love the Anna Porter plate, too. Magical.