Saturday, February 16, 2008

Bookplate Exchanges

Daniel Dulany was a loyalist from Maryland and this is his son's plate. I received it in a recent trade.The link below has additional information about him.
http://books.google.com/books?id=d_sMAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA156&lpg=PA156&dq=daniel+dulany+jr&source=web&ots=RELmU6V3QG&sig=gjTvZC2-BKOZcj5KgxkWIgK4vX4#PPA156,M1

From Richard Wagener


From Roy Cooney


From Charles De Langhe Bookplate engravers and designers often are willing to send you a bookplate in exchange for one of yours. It's a simple way for them to meet potential customers. Of course , you need a decent bookplate to begin with .


I am always interested in exchanging bookplates with other collectors and was very pleased to receive the January , 2008 Directory Of Members from the Bookplate Society. There are about 200 + individual members in the group and about 159 have indicated a willingness to trade , along with their areas of interest. If you have been looking at this blog for a while and want to bite the bullet, come out of hiding and join an organization which gives much more than it gets , now is the time to act. The society website is http://www.bookplatesociety.org/

There is a good deal of information about the society, it's history,news and events, how to join, publications etc. Stop procrastinating.

By the way I am going to list the wants of collectors in some future posting. If you would like to be included send me your contact information and the kinds of bookplates you are looking for.

Bookplatemaven@hotmail.com For a while, I was spelling out my email address with dots and coms to thwart the Nigerian scammers, Irish Sweepstakes winning notifications, problems with my bank account at banks I never heard of etc. but I have now downloaded Dr. Zorba's deathray so I feel fully protected .

Here are the kinds of bookplates I am most interested in trading or buying:

18th century American,

Judaica from any country,

bookplates from the libraries of famous people from any country

plus wharever strikes my fancy.


Here is a link to a blog which lists many interesting book related blogs. It will keep you busy for a while so bookmark it if you are pressed for time.




See you next week.
















No comments: