Saturday, November 08, 2008

In Memory Of Alex

I purchased a book for Mary which I intend to read on the train to Boston. It is about a thirty year experiment and love affair with a Parrot who was smarter than most of our outgoing elected officials. " On September 6, 2007, an African Grey Parrot named Alex died prematurely at age thirty one. His last words to his owner Irene Pepperberg, were You be good.I love You."
Dr.Emil August Göldi's biographical information can be seen at this site:

This bookplate for Dr. J.P. de Vos is combination etching and dry point ( C3/4)
by Elly de Koster. Here is a direct link to her website:

I have not been in touch with Reva Kern for several years. Here is an article she wrote about the technique used in creating Henri Kuhn's bookplate.
As I mentioned previously I will be in Boston next weekend for a book show and an ephemera show.
The blog will be updated on MondayNovember 20th when I return.

This video did not transmit properly but I have posted several others at the top of the page.


No comments: