Sunday, December 27, 2009

Fingerprints, Golf, Leather, Cats & Dragons

CLICK ON IMAGES TO ENLARGE





Leather Bookplates were primarily used by advanced book collectors. They are elegant but over time they tend to damage the pages they touch. Frank Hogan was a district attorney in New York and John Bakeless was an American historian and author.Robert Hoe was one of America's best known book collectors in the early 20th century.

















        In an attempt to make to make this process less time consuming and more flexible I  switched to Blogger's new post editor.I am sure it is a vast improvement over what I have used for over   three years.but my brain has not yet figured it out, so it has taken me a great deal of time to get to this point.
.In any event what I am writing about is that sub categories in collecting evolve in a peculiar way.
You find a plate with fingerprints knowing it's an odd subject and then you spot a second one and so on..
If you have some bookplates with odd or interesting themes send  a scan to  Bookplatemaven@hotmail.com
and I will try to include it in future postings

Happy New Year, See you in 2010






1 comment:

Michele Emrath said...

Linked to you in my post today. Happy New Year!

Michele
SouthernCityMysteries