Saturday, February 26, 2011

This Week In Bookplates 2/27/2010

Later this week I week I will be in Washington D. C. for 36th annual Washington Antiquarian Book Fair. While there I also want to see this exhibit at the German Ambassador's Residence:
http://leobaeckinstitute.wordpress.com/2011/02/23/the-art-of-the-book-at-the-german-ambassadors-residence/

Here is a link with information about the Washington Book Fair:
www.antiquariat-rieger.de/neueexlibris.htm Mrs. Lukacs was probably an English teacher. Her plate was on Dr. Rieger's monthly List.
Here is a link:

This plate was sent to me earlier this week. It is unusual , amusing and not soon forgotten.
For those of you planning a bookish trip to England here is an excellent site :
If you are in the Washington , Virginia area and have bookplates for sale or exchange please contact me Bookplatemaven@hotmail.com
See you next Sunday.



No comments: