Sunday, August 17, 2014

In Defense of Pigeons

 Members of the pigeon family have been maligned ,shot at, poisoned  eaten.and annihilated.
 Consider this my tribute to some feathered friends..

 Pigeon family  bookplates, ephemera, and things that strike my fancy.

Wendell M.Levi wrote The Encyclopedia of Pigeon Breeds  in 1965 .

The Dodo  was a member of the Pigeon family It is now extinct. Ralfe Whistler is a Dodo bird collector.
For images from his collection follow this link:

Verna Faber designed this bookplate for Hettie Gray Baker.

CW Refers to Carolyn Wells

Wood engraved Christmas card from Andy English -2007

My favorite Pigeon quotation-

Some days you're the Pigeon .Some days you're the statue

A Pigeon Rubber Stamp

I am about half way through this delightful book. 
In case you are wondering it is the reason I wrote this posting

See you next week.

No comments: