Sunday, June 03, 2007

George W. In Wonderland

I have , long before it became trendy, had a visceral dislike of George W. and his rabid supporters . One small collection I have relates to poking fun at this obscenity we call our president.The item shown above can be obtained from Funny Times as part of a Bush gift basket.
Http://www.funnytimes.com



Here are some Alice in Wonderland themed bookplates that may give you more pleasure than my ranting about George W. In Wonderland. To enlarge any image simply click on it.
For more information about Lewis Carroll and Alice here are two excellent sites to visit:

Http://LewisCarroll.org


Http://collectalice.home.comcast.net


The two Lewis Carroll Room plates below were designed by Paul Kucharyson







The mad hatter/Alice plate below was designed for Mary Alice Ercolini, a very active bookplate collector.

3 comments:

stefanie said...

Love the Alice bookplates, some of them are so intricately detailed. The "Homegrown Dope" gave me a good chuckle :)

Mary said...

Just found your blog, Lewis...really interesting and I love the bookplate designs. Hope you don't mind if I link to your blog on mine.

Lew Jaffe said...

Thank you Mary. I appreciate the link.