Sunday, December 23, 2007

Seasons Greetings From Bookplate Land

I want to wish all of you good luck and good health in the coming year . Merry Christmas!
Top Row left to right , My Son Steven, My Grandson Harrison , Santa, Me,My Daughter Moira
Bottom Row left to right My Daughter In Law Lisa, My Son in Law to Be Steven Don't remember where I got the letter by Howard B. Cunningham but it gives me pause for thought. Among the current crop of presidential candidates I can think of only who can lead , and inspire this kind of confidence but I am not going to vote for him because he wants to continue the war that Bush got us into.


Bookplate designers have always sent collectors and clients beautiful Christmas cards and I would like to share some of my favorites with you. Dr. Bennett's card was designed by Rudolph Ruzicka (1883-1978)




Thomas Ewing French (1871-1944) often worked with A.N. Macdonald




William Hammatt Simmons (1884-1949)




Bernhardt Wall sent this card to the American ephemera collector Bella Landauer
















The card shown above was done by Allen Lewis (1873-1957)
Timothy Cole (1852-1931) did the card below for Bella Landauer













Stanley E. Scantlin (1949- ) engraved the card below




See you next week.










No comments: