Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Brooklyn Bookplates /The Burning Bush

Daniel Mitsui keeps getting better and better. This is a print he is doing for a friend in California. I first visited the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens on a class trip around 1949.The reason I retain that memory is that we were shown a century plant in bloom and we were told it would not bloom again until 2049
The Eatons had a studio at 339 Halsey Street in Brooklyn where they designed bookplates and greeting cards


Augustus Toedteberg was a major print and book collector who lived in Brooklyn.


Dr. Meyer lived and manufactured cosmetic products in Brooklyn.




As far as I know The Pratt Institute is still in Brooklyn.This plate was engraved by the American Banknote Company.



I remember the first book I got at The Brooklyn Public Library. It was The Five Chinese Brothers or maybe it was four.




Several weeks ago I posted some information about the Enright collection. Here is an update :
Well I am two days late in getting the blog posted. On Sunday I participated in the Brooklyn flea (http://www.brooklynflea.com/ ) and on Monday I recuperated. It was invigorating and exhausting.
I will be there again this Sunday with lots of bookplates , ephemera, Victorian hardware and much more. Come on by and say hello. Last week I was in space L8 and I may have that same booth again.
See you next week.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a nice history about a rare ex-libris in Spain. View my blog : http://mislibrosantiguos.blogspot.com