Sunday, May 04, 2008

More about the Eatons

Birth Certificate
Christmas Cards


Illuminated Cards













Early in their venture the Eatons published under the name Valhal Studio and later changed the spelling to Valhall Studio.I am gathering biographical information about them but for the moment let me focus on the wide range of items they made besides bookplates. The uncolored illuminated cards were five cents each and fifty cents per dozen. I have not found any price list yet for the hand coloring. Since I have duplicate copies of some of these items I will put some of them on Ebay. Send me an Email Bookplatemaven@hotmail.com if you would like to know when they are going to be listed.
This is the first Sunday I have skipped setting up at the flea market in Brooklyn www.brooklynflea.com
The weather forecast was for a 60% chance of rain . Unless it rains again I will try again next Sunday. It's Lot's of fun but the cost of participation , car rental and gas makes it difficult to make very much money so I may not be doing it too much longer.
See you next week.

No comments: