Sunday, June 05, 2011

Bookplate Artist Profile, Muriel Frega

Muriel Frega


email: murielfrega@yahoo.com.ar

website: http://www.murielfrega.com.ar/




Born in Buenos Aires ( Argentina) in 1972, studied at the Manuel Belgrano and Prilidiano Pueyrredón National Academies of arts, obtaining a degree in drawing and engraving in 1994. Also did a post-graduate Master’s at the Ernesto de la Cárcova Higher School of Fine arts (1996). Since 1998 work as a freelance illustrator.

My first ex-libris were made with traditional engraving (xilography) but quicly turned to computer graphics. Being a new technique, it is always updating and developing, and that's what I find amazing about it. Most of my works are erotic and colorfull (even though I mostly use a restricted color pallette).

By exchanging bookplates with other artists and collectors, I've started serendipity collecting bookplates and publications about bookplates.

I've earned several prizes and mentions in national and international competitions, including recently the First prize for the best series of erotic ex-libris in the ‘Eros & Thanatos’ competition, 2011.
Odds and Ends-  I  want to thank Muriel Friega for sending this information.Submissions to the blog are always welcome.  I will be out of town until June 13th so the next posting will probably be sent out on Tuesday June 14th.
For those of you who are interested in the bookplates of Hollywood celebrities follow this link:
http://paradiseleased.wordpress.com/2011/06/03/bookplates-from-old-hollywood/

No comments: