Sunday, February 03, 2013

Bookplate Artists From Around The World, Muriel Frega

Muriel Frega sent me this information about the bookplates she recently designed.

If you wish to contact Muriel Frega here is her email address.

MurielFrega (at)yahoo.com.ar


Last year ( and the year before) I worked very little in making bookplates. I dedicated most of my time to finishing some comic projects. Anyway, bookplate production didn't completely stop .

Opus 118 was made for Andrew Peake. When I was coloring that work, I realized that I´ve made very few bookplates for women. When I decided to finish the ones previously started I realized that many of them were gifts for friends.


Opus 111,  was made for Juana´s birthday. Luckily we have birthdays every year so the bookplate could accomplish it´s role as a gift on 2012, ( I promised it for 2010) Guess what´s Juana´s favorite food and drink...




Opus 115, Lourdes Pertierra looking for the right man. When doing this one I planned to make it with rubber stamps, or mix techniques and add a printing detail. But so far, special papers that work well with both inks are still in the testing process


Opus 116, Martha, whose words, written and spoken sometimes are hard as a bomb. It´s different when you get to know her.



Opus 117, Nat Alias, a nickname for Natalia. Again depicting the relationship between women and men.


And Opus 119, Marisa, a friend who cooks great! She really loves doing that and puts all her love in making food. I worked without textures in this one.

I usually order the opus numbers as the final sketch is done or when the work is halfway through. It´s messy sometimes because sometimes I finish first the last works and some remain unfinished for months... maybe years. That happened in this series of bookplates: Andrew´s bookplate was finished in three months time, and Juana´s took 2 years ( looks simpler but reaching a synthesis sometimes is not that easy)


Notes From Lew- 

If you want to contact Muriel Frega here is her Email address

MurielFrega (at)yahoo.com.ar

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Clock is ticking. 


 If you want to enter the Humorous Bookplate Contest, stop procrastinating.


The contest ends February 13th


At the end of the contest the judges ( Mary & Lew Jaffe) will select the winner. .

The winner will receive an inscribed  hardbound copy of all blog postings for 2012.

Please submit one bookplate from your own collection. I am not expecting many entries because humorous bookplates are atypical.  That works in your favor if you have something to submit..

Send a scan of your  entry to

Bookplatemaven@hotmail.com

See you next Sunday.

No comments: