Saturday, June 20, 2009

This Week In Bookplates 6/20/2009

I was sorting through some bookplates when I noticed Mrs.Prescott's bookplate.I guess it preceded the feminist movement.

CLICK ON IMAGES TO ENLARGE

A fifty year collection of pocket watches was sold at auction on Saturday by Leo P. Legare
The Charles Bond watch paper (bottom row , left) was engraved by J.V.N. Throop between 1827 and 1836.



Among the lots were a number of watch papers. A while back I wrote about watch papers.




I bid on the three illustrated lots. If I was not on a fixed income I would be dangerous.


Click on images to enlarge






















My focus is on American and English bookplates but this striking image by Josef Vachal appealed to me. It was purchased on Ebay and I will probably frame and hang it above my desk.


The Cooperstown Antiquarian Book Fair is next Saturday (June 27th). I plan to be there .

They don't have a website but you can get get detailed information at 800 322 2995

See you next week.








No comments: